“It was a fantastic piece of work – a brilliant resource.”
“We’ve actually really got things going now… it was always too time-consuming… so for us it’s really helped a lot.”
“It’s been something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time, and now I have the motivation to do it – it doesn’t feel insurmountable as it did before, so I feel much more motivated.”
“It’s one of those things you start up and then you get pulled away and never get around to finishing – so you finishing it has just been great.”
Our trainers and consultants have a proven track record of supporting volunteers and volunteer development in a range of statutory, voluntary and community settings.
At a time when Children’s Centres in particular face a huge expectation to involve their service users in the shaping and delivery of services, volunteering offers huge benefits to all those involved. Specifically, by developing and running a volunteer project created especially for parents, Children’s Centres are able to demonstrate their commitment to offering parents opportunities to:
- participate in activities that improve their personal skills, education and employability
- use existing skills and interests… to make gains in their personal development(1)
We offer the following services:
- Liaising with staff / managers to explore volunteer development in their setting
- Creation of structures necessary to implement a volunteer project
- Support in implementing structures
Contact us to discuss your thoughts and requirements regarding volunteer development at your Children’s Centre or organisation.
(1) Ofsted – Children’ Centre Inspection Handbook, March 2013
We also offer three trainings relating to volunteers – Volunteer Recruitment and Volunteer Management for staff, and Volunteer Induction Training for new volunteers, or those interested in volunteering. In this way, we are able to offer a complete package of support to Children’s Centres and other organisations wishing to introduce and / or develop volunteering within their settings.